The Contract Manager is responsible for supporting the contracts negotiation and closing process by identifying and mitigating all business and legal risks. Primary responsibilities include: review of redlines for contractual documents, obtaining appropriate management approval as required, providing markups/responses back to the client, negotiating all contracts, tracking work within Salesforce, and maintaining contract information necessary to support future contract development. The Contract Manager works closely with the leadership team, as well as Hearst Legal when needed.
Key Working Relationships:
Successful accomplishments and primary accountabilities of this position will depend upon establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of internal teams and external clients, especially the Finance team. This also includes applicable MedHOK staff, clients, vendors, Hearst Legal department and other external visitors.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Highly skilled at using Salesforce or another CRM system.
- Ability to draft, review, negotiate, and redline contractual documents at a high-volume capacity.
- Experienced in calculating pro-rations for pricing, including complex discounts for multi-facilities with various solutions.
- Ability to distinguish between various Solution offerings and what contract should be used.
- Able to demonstrate a high-level of literacy with strong communication skills.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently with little or no direction.
- Extensive experience with MS Office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- CPCM Certification, Paralegal Certification, or Juris Doctor highly preferred.
- Previous in-house legal experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understands the four (4) basic elements that form a contract.
- Has demonstrated capability of performing all job duties of a Contract Administrator.
- Has the capability to review all contracts and pricing for accuracy prior to submitting to Sales Team.
- Utilizes MS Office suite to track information and edit documents.
- Maintains information in Salesforce.com in a cohesive useful manner.
- Primary focus on managing the redlining process for all contractual documents, primarily the Master Licensing Agreements (MLA’s) and amendments.
- Work with Hearst Legal (as needed) to ensure legal issues have been resolved.
- Identify all the business, legal, and compliance risks and ensure that the necessary internal approvals from management have been obtained.
- Responsible for making legal language changes in the redlines according to the approvals and/or feedback received.
- Negotiate contracts for legal terms with the client on the behalf of the Sales Executive.
- Review Request for Proposals (RFP’s) for legal terms and flow-down clauses. Put together bid proposal responses as required.
- Review and put together Statements of Work as required for consulting programs and/or special training programs.
- Prepare specific-legal documents as mandated for government clients and government Contracting Officers.
- Actively manages any government accounts.
- Review miscellaneous letters and/or contractual documents received from clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Tampa, FL