Location: Madison, CT
This Senior Developer position is in a business to business environment. In this role you will collaborate with development leads and account managers with the purpose of designing, building, documenting and testing software solutions for data interchange and business process. You will be utilizing both legacy and modern technology stacks within AWS environment and will be responsible for developing and implementing technical visions, for playing an influential role in achieving strategic goals, leading and mentoring junior developers. A sound working understanding of IT concepts and the IT design & delivery life cycle is essential. As a Senior Developer, you must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with development leads and account managers to design, build, document, and test solutions for data interchange and business process automation.
- Define the technical tasks for the development of the software and interfaces.
- Conduct code reviews on time and ensure adherence to best practices and development standards.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in architecture and development process.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Hands on development and support of existing applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications. Research, identify and fix bugs.
- Develop technical documents to accurately represent application design and code.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but will consider combination of experience and education
- 5+ years of professional software development experience preferably in a fast-paced customer centric service setting
- Ability to articulate architecture and design related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
- Solid IT knowledge (architecture patterns, applications development, testing, deployment, continuous integration, git, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking.)
- Ability to research and solve problems independently, mentor Jr developers, communicate well with non-technical staff
- Proven experience with full stack web-based application development
- Hands on experience with data and workflow management applications, file manipulations, scripting languages.
- Significant Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL experience, including complex queries, stored procedures, table design
- Middle-tier or front-end coding experience: Java, C#, HTML, CSS, JS, Angular
- Experience with Linux environment, ability to create and run scripts
- Knowledge of Git in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with AWS development.
- Hands on experience with migration from monolith application to microservices
- DBA and DevOps experience.
- Some familiarity with government health programs, especially Medicare/Medicaid enrollment, billing, capitation is a plus.