The HEDIS Data Analyst works within the Quality Informatics team to identify solutions and meet deadlines associated with HEDIS, Care Gaps, Star Analytics and other highly critical data processes. By conducting data analyses, this position assures accuracy and agility in report creation and data management to drive client satisfaction. In addition, the ability to present data in a meaningful way to clients and business owners is required. Collaboratively working with business owners, developers, and other analysts on a variety of analytical projects, the analyst must demonstrate both excellent communication and technical skills.
- Work in fast paced environment with rapid turnaround requirements, problem solving data issues and clearly defining requirements for both developers and business owners
- Develop sound methodologies for extracting data and presenting information to facilitate decision-making
- Understand complexities associated with highly regulated HEDIS data reporting processes
- Effectively partner with internal and external customers to discover needs; independently and proactively offers options and solutions
- Analyzes, researches, and interprets results, variances, data mining and trends
- Demonstrate a familiarity with data visualization techniques, as defined by objectives of business users
- Creates report summaries and narratives to explain findings and further analysis needed; clearly express recommendations for action
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel, MS-Access
- Knowledge and experience with MySQL, SAS, or other related database platforms
- Delivers on expectations and commitments in a timely manner; follows through on agreed upon assignments without deviation
- Perform other duties, tasks or special assignments, as assigned
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing backend HEDIS.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with working with HEDIS auditors.
- HEDIS reporting experience required.
- Able to perform data profiling and monitor data for changes.
- Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with ability to handle multiple tasks
- Results oriented
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Exhibits honesty and integrity
- Self-motivated, Self-directed
- Critical thinker
- Analytical skills
- Tact and positive demeanor
- Dedication to a high degree of customer service
- Conflict resolution/ problem solving skills
- Team player/team builder/coach
This position may require travel up to 25%. This position is located in Tampa.