TAMPA, Fla. – Feb. 10, 2012 – MedHOK, one of the healthcare industry’s fastest-growing companies providing cloud-based software, has been named a finalist for the 2012 BizTech Innovation of the Year Award. The company’s integrated care management, quality and compliance platform enables healthcare organizations to close care gaps, comply with federal and state regulations, enhance care management and improve Star, HEDIS® and other quality scores. MedHOK, which offers fully NCQA certified software for HEDIS, has more than 15 million lives in production and is on track to reach 30 million within the year, making it one of leading healthcare software companies.
The BizTech Innovation of the Year Award recognizes organizations that have created innovative technology solutions within the biotech, energy, manufacturing, IT and communication technology industries. Winners will be announced on March 13, 2012, during the BizTech Innovation Summit, presented by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Tampa Bay Technology Forum (TBTF).
“We are honored that our integrated care management, quality and compliance platform is considered among the region’s top technology innovations,” said Anil Kottoor, president and CEO, MedHOK. “This recognition validates our focus on leveraging advanced cloud-based technologies and business intelligence tools to help healthcare organizations improve care quality, reduce costs and streamline regulatory compliance.”
MedHOK’s integrated care management, quality and compliance platform facilitates improved clinical outcomes and care coordination while enhancing quality measures, compliance and financial performance. It accomplishes this by:
- Providing real-time access to Star, HEDIS, pay-for-performance (P4P) and proprietary quality and performance measures, helping providers accurately monitor in real time the data they need to achieve and maintain high-quality ratings
- Triggering interventions when care gaps are identified, in particular for patients with multiple comorbidities and chronic conditions
- Utilizing predictive analytics models to generate profiles based on clinical, quality and financial data for member, provider and local populations
- Calculating risk scores for every member, enabling timely predictions of those at the highest risk for more accurate forecasting of care costs and utilization
- Continuously monitoring for and addressing regulatory changes from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and state Medicaid agencies, ensuring clients stay ahead of the compliance curve
The BizTech Innovation Summit identifies and acknowledges the substantive gains Tampa Bay area businesses like MedHOK are making in the ways they develop, employ and utilize technology for themselves and their clients. Most recently, MedHOK achieved full certification for 360Measures®, version 2.55, after successfully passing all 63 program measures, sampling methodology, and CAPHS sample frames in NCQA’s HEDIS certification process. In 2011, the company was a finalist for the 2011 TBTF Emerging Technology Company of the Year Award.
Tampa, Fla.-based MedHOK has more than 15 million lives in production and expects to double that number in 2012, making it one of the healthcare industry’s fastest-growing software companies. It offers a cloud-based integrated software platform for care management, quality and compliance that enables physicians, ACOs, PCMHs, payers and TPAs to manage and measure care against national quality standards for optimal outcomes. Its innovative modular software helps healthcare organizations meet quality, care and compliance objectives across business lines by facilitating real-time information sharing with all stakeholders to address disease management and care coordination, clinical quality and utilization review, and quality and financial measures. ICD-10 compliant, HIE-ready and securely accessible on any device, the MedHOK platform is user-friendly, rapidly deployed and easily configurable for a low total cost of ownership and rapid return on investment. The company’s 360Measures holds full 2012 HEDIS® certification.