The Project Manager will provide clear direction for executing the statement of work and delivering excellent customer service by building a strong and effective working relationship with the client, being accountable for deliverables, timeline, and budget, as well as coaching the team to success. The Project Manager is responsible for creating the project plan which includes the following: communication plan, escalation path, risk plan, resource plan, test plan, and implementation plan. Significant travel could be required.
- Actively lead the planning process, project stages and customer engagement during the implementation and adoption phase
- Drive collaboration between functional teams and client to achieve milestones and deliverables
- Lead configuration and testing of software to meet needs of client organizations
- Create and improve configuration / implementation processes and procedures
- Develop comprehensive project plan for solutions implementation; inclusive of project planning, scheduling, resource planning / coordination, risk management, communication planning, etc.
- Organize and plan implementation activities to ensure product quality, predictability, and compliance
- Responsible for driving targeted milestones and achieve implementation schedule
- Identify and manage issues and risk throughout the project
- Ensures PMO project management standards and methods are effectively deployed to deliver the desired results
- Requests, plans, and manages resources by assigning tasks and monitoring project team performance
- Owns requirements and timely availability of project infrastructure and technology environment
- Directly manages all aspects of the project life cycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases of a project
- Oversee the development of necessary implementation and training materials
- Provide expert guidance to address critical and/or outstanding issues impacting the implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 years of project management; proven experience managing software implementations
- 5 years implementing, training and/or supporting technology solutions, ideally in a healthcare environment
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry (Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial) and understanding of related compliance and quality aspects
- Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through, and a passion for the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and presenting in front of senior management teams
- Must be able to effectively communicate with executives and clients
- Ability to handle the ambiguity that arises from time to time in a dynamic and fast-paced development environment.
- Flexibility/adaptability (willing to work outside of comfort zone)
- Proficient technical understanding: ability to demonstrate knowledge of software development life cycle, application design, integration, and hosting technologies
- Strong general computer literacy, including MS Office, Internet applications, and the comfort, ability and desire to advance technically
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Tampa, FL